- No account management or transaction fees on your everyday accounts
- You can apply for an interest free overdraft of up to $2,000 with no set up or change fees – you only pay a $2 monthly facility fee
- You can apply for a Low interest rate credit card with a limit of up to $1,000. No annual account fee for the first year if you’re taking up a Kiwibank Credit Card for the first time, then $25 every six months
- Started working and looking for a Personal or Car Loan? You can apply to borrow from $2,000 to $15,000 at a special interest rate of 13.95% with no application fee
- Free TXT banking. Your mobile provider may charge you TXT messaging costs for sending TXTs
- You can get a Visa Debit Card, which works like a standard ATM/EFTPOS card but can be used online, over the phone, and overseas
- A flat account with no account management or transaction fees and access for you and one other flatmate
- Mobile services like TXT banking and mobile banking
Begin the join process:
If you’d like an overdraft or a credit card, you can download and complete the Tertiary and Graduate Overdraft and Credit Card Application Form (PDF 639.1 kB) and take it to your local Kiwibank or send it to us at: Kiwibank Limited, Freepost 161688, Private Bag 39888, Wellington 5045. If you’d like to apply for a personal loan, call us on 0800 549 454 or complete an online application.
Eligibility and entitlements
To be eligible for the Graduate Pack, you must have successfully completed a qualification requiring at least one year of full or part–time study at a New Zealand University, Polytech or NZQA approved place of study.
To be eligible for a Kiwibank Low Rate Mastercard, personal loan or interest free overdraft, you need to be aged 18 years or over, be a permanent New Zealand resident, have a good credit history and have any income paid into your Kiwibank account.
You’re entitled to the benefits of the Graduate Pack for up to two years after you successfully complete your studies, and after that, Kiwibank’s standard fees will apply.
To be eligible for the flat account, you must have your personal banking with Kiwibank.
You may also be interested in:
Other fees may apply. Download Kiwibank’s Disclosure Statement (PDF 150.5 kB) or pick up a copy at your local Kiwibank.